Many dog owners are not aware of the dangers of sweetcorn cobs.
Unfortunately the cobs are very fibrous and are not digested in the stomach and so they can cause intestinal obstruction requiring emergency surgery.
Certainly a deadly hazard to our canine friends and best avoided altogether.
The cob we removed from his stomach is pictured and can be seen on the X-ray in his stomach.
Attempts to make Bosun vomit up the cob were unsuccessful and so Bosun went to surgery.
All’s well that ends well but we would like dog owners to be aware how lethal these can be!