Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully. We request that you ask for further explanation/clarification if required.
All fees, medications and food charges are subject to VAT at the current rate. Fee levels are determined by the time spent on a case and according to the drugs, materials and consumables used. We will always be happy to provide an estimate on request and we would encourage you to discuss costs of procedures in advance with our vets and nurses.
Please be aware that estimates can only be approximate as an animal’s illnesses do not always follow a conventional course and if an animal is undergoing surgery, additional unforeseen procedures may become necessary.
You will receive an itemised fee note for every consultation, surgical procedure or transaction. Please note that you should expect to be charged a fee for all veterinary consultations.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We accept cash, cheque with current banker's card, or credit/debit card (Switch, Solo, MasterCard, Visa or Delta).
PET HEALTH INSURANCE
We strongly support the principle of insuring your pet against unexpected illness or accidents. Unfortunately the FSA does not allow us to recommend or advise on pet insurance providers as this is considered to be an act of financial advising!
However we do have a link with Petplan which enables us to discuss their products in a little more detail. Please note that we do not sell policies or receive commission from them.
Please be aware that it is your responsibility to settle your account with Midforest Veterinary Practice and then reclaim the fees from your Insurance Company.
Please remember that any insurance policy contract is between you the client and the insurance company, and we cannot be held responsible for any matters which result in a claim being refused. In these cases you will be responsible for settling your account with Midforest Veterinary Practice in full.
OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY SERVICE
We know how much your pet means to you, especially at times of ill-health or during an emergency. At Midforest Veterinary Practice we strive to provide a 24/7 emergency service rather than expecting clients to travel to a third party out of hours veterinary service provider.
We would stress that hospitalised patients are attended to according to clinical need and veterinary staff may not be in continuous attendance if not thought to be necessary. Whilst we would very much like to employ night staff, we are not a hospital practice or a large business and our out of hours duty staff also have to work the following day.
If owners may prefer to arrange for hospitalised pets to go home for the night and return in the morning (if the patient is well enough) then this can be arranged.
On balance we believe we can offer a better quality of service compared to deferring out of hours patients elsewhere. In emergency situations, simply phone the normal practice number and listen carefully to the message.
OWNERSHIP OF RECORDS
Case records including radiographs and similar documents are the property of, and will be retained by Midforest Veterinary Practice. Copies with a summary of the history will be passed on to another veterinary surgeon or practice taking over the case if requested.
All accounts are due for payment following each consultation/ procedure or upon collection of medications/food. Failure to pay will incur an administration fee. After due notice to you the client, overdue accounts will be referred to the County Court and this will automatically lead to Court Proceedings. Any fees charged by the Court, and costs to us of correspondence, attendance at Court, phone calls and home visits will be added to the account.
Any cheque that is returned by our Bank as unpaid, any Credit Card Payment not honoured and any cash tendered that is found to be counterfeit will result in the original account being restored to the original sum with further charges added in respect of bank charges and administrative costs together with interest on the principle sum.
COMPLAINTS POLICY AND CLIENT FEEDBACK
Our aim is to provide you and your pet with the best possible service and care. Please let us have your feedback, comments and suggestions so we can endeavour to improve and make our service more suited to your needs. Our local teams of Vets, Nurses, Receptionists and Practice Managers will take your comments seriously and will want to know how we can help.
If you have encountered any problems with our services, please let us know
- In the first instance, tell the person in charge of your pet’s care – they may be able to resolve your concern there and then
- If they are unavailable, please discuss your concerns with any member of our team who will only be too happy to help – we would much rather talk to you about it now
- Alternatively, you are welcome to write to us. Please address all correspondence to our Practice Manager or Clinical Director. It would be helpful to provide the following information:
- Your name, address and convenient contact telephone and email
- The name of your pet
- The date on which you last attended the clinic
- A brief description of your concerns
- A summary of what in your opinion we can do to best deal with your concerns
- In general, if you have a concern, it is best to raise it as soon as possible – this will make it easier for us to investigate and resolve any matters, which are still ongoing
- If any of our staff were involved, it would be helpful if you can provide us with their names
- In the event your complaint relating to an Out of Hours service or a Referral treatment that was not provided by our staff we would ask you to firstly direct the complaint to the relevant service provider. If you are not sure whether or not this was the case please ask any of the practice staff and we can quickly clarify to whom the complaint should be directed. We would also appreciate it if you could keep us updated the outcome.
- If your complaint is related to the provision of interest free credit please approach the providers - Care Free Credit - directly. Contact details are available on their website carefreecredit.co.uk.
We will treat any point you raise in confidentiality. Upon receiving your letter, we will aim to contact you to find out more. Please let us know the most convenient time to contact you. We may need to investigate the matter further before being able to reach a conclusion; if that is the case we will do our best to look into it as quickly as possible and will reply to you as soon as we are able.
In normal circumstances, we would aim to have addressed your complaint within 14 days of receiving it.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this process, you may raise your concern with our central team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will be redirected to the appropriate individual
Alternatively you may contact the Veterinary Client Mediation Service, vetmediation.co.uk,
If you have any general comments please:
Email the practice email address (usually found in our contact page on the website)
Alternatively write to the Practice either via post or hand in to reception.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts.